User Experience & Interface Design for Web Applications
The National Student Clearinghouse (a nonprofit formed in 1993) is the trusted source for and leading provider of higher education verification and electronic education record exchanges, handling more than 700 million verification requests and over 250 million education record exchanges annually.
The Clearinghouse serves as a single point of contact for the collection and timely exchange of accurate and comprehensive enrollment, degree, and certificate records on behalf of its more than 3,600 participating higher education institutions, which represent 98 percent of all students in public and private U.S. institutions.
The Clearinghouse also provides thousands of high schools and districts with continuing collegiate enrollment, progression, and completion statistics on their alumni.
I served as the sole User Experience (UX) & User Interface (UI) Design consultant for the National Student Clearinghouse on two projects — StudentTracker for Colleges & Universities and the Student Academic Portal.
As part of the UX/UI design process, I created the following deliverables:
- Researched, wrote and designed layout for a competitive analysis report.
- Conducted user interviews and created user personas.
- Developed and designed case studies, workflows and process flows.
- Created paper prototypes and multiple decks of wireframes in Balsamiq.
- Designed UI mock ups in Photoshop and shared on InVision.
Programs & Tools
Balsamiq; Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop; InVision, Microsoft Word